Self Defense , Martial Arts, Dance, Fitness, Brazilian Music and Instruments
BENEFITS OF CAPOEIRA
· Stress reduction: The exercise boosts endorphins, puts you in a better mood.
· Strength: Capoeiristas always moving around on hands with handstands, rolls, poses, etc. This makes a marked improvement on upper body strength. Also, many of the movements require one to engage the abs and core strength. Capoeira training causes one’s body to cope with the rigors of the ridiculous movements. The movements inherently build slow and quick twitch muscle fibers, enhance breathing and blood flow, build flexibility, build hand and eye coordination, balance and much more.
· Flexibility: Capoeira conditioning exercise requires one to move in many directions, hence improves their flexibility, lower the risk for injury and increase mobility.
· Cardio and stamina: Many times athletes from various sports are surprised when they feel winded from a capoeira workout. This is because capoeira uses muscle groups and cardio fitness in unique ways. Intense capoeira practice can require enormous amounts of energy. This, combined with constant repetition of movements and techniques, makes capoeira a valuable cardio exercise that can boost endurance.
· Overall fitness: Capoeira will improve your strength, flexibility and stamina, thus improving your overall fitness. It may take a while to become fit, but once you start to take capoeira seriously you can become the picture of fitness.
· Live authentically: Capoeira is a total body, mind and emotional expression. It involves one’s whole authentic person. As one grows more confident in the martial art, he or she also grows more confident in the ability to express one’s unique voice.
· Learn a new language: You may not become fluent, but there is no doubt that you will come to understand and perhaps speak a bit of Brazilian Portuguese.
· Learn about a new culture: Capoeira is deeply connected to Africa and Brazil. Many martial arts are reduced to aerobic workouts, capoeira maintains all of its roots and traditions.