RM 1400 covers the following :
1. Professional SSI Level 1 Swim Teacher Training / Instructions : 4 Academic Sessions, 2 In-Water Training Sessions and Apprenticeship Sessions
2. SSI Educational Materials : SSI Baby & Me Swim Teacher Manual and Study Guide, Study Guide Answer Sheets
3. Use Of Equipment : Basket, Kickboards, Large Barbell, Small Barbell, Noodles, Floating Toys, Sinking Toys during all In-Water Training Sessions
4. Evaluation Sessions : All academic, In-Water and Apprenticeship Evaluation sessions
5. Certiification : SSI Baby&Me Swim Teacher Wall Certificate and Postive Identification Card – PIC (upon satisfactorily completion of all required training requirement)
A 50 % deposit one week prior to course convening date, and the balance before the course completion
The SSI Baby & Me Swim Teacher Training Course is to provide the participant with the training necessary to teach beginning swimming skills to a broad range of ages and abilities from the ages of 3-35 months. This is an educational and rewarding learning experience utilizing the state-of-the-art SSI Total Teaching System and is the first step to become a Certified Swim Teacher ( CST ) while providing you with an abundance of career opportunities.
The SSI Baby & Me Swim Teacher Training Course will consist of:
1. Classroom Sessions
During these sessions, you will acquire the knowledge and correct information that applies to the teaching of swimming for the different age groups in each level of the SSI program.
2. In-Water Training Sessions
During these sessions, your Trainer will take you through the practical application in performing, demonstrating and teaching the specific swim skills for the different age groups. You will also learn how to otal apply the SSI concepts in the real-world swim teaching situations through discussions and practical sessions.
3. Apprenticeship Training Sessions
During these sessions you will gain the necessary experiences to become an effective SSI Certified Swim Teacher through the hands-on practice and teaching of students under the supervision and guidance of your assigned Swim Teacher Trainer and / or Coach Teacher.
The apprenticeship is the cornerstone of the training program and will provide you with sufficient time to develop the necessary swim teaching skills and techniques. Real-world, hands-on teaching will prepare you to teach your own classes with confidence and competency.